Leagues‎ > ‎

Wilmington K of C

7-Week League in Wilmington begins January 18th

Introducing the Wilmington Knights of Columbus Cornhole League!  This Blind Draw Tournament League will run for seven weeks from January 18th through March 1st; bags fly at 7 PM.  The league format is geared towards all levels of players and will feature 80% payout.  Note, we will be upstairs with the high ceilings!

League Eligibility

To be eligible for the league, you may either pay $50 on opening night or $10/night.  Each evening, the Knights of Columbus provides pizza.

League Format

Blind Draw

The league is a series of seven blind draw tournaments.  League members and non-league members will participate in the double-elimination tournaments.  League members will earn points based on the table below.  Each team member earns the same amount of points.  Points earned in the blind draw tournaments will count 85% towards a point total in the standings.  A player's top six tournament results will factor into the standings.

Skills Challenge

Each night there will be a skills challenge that will also award league points.  The skills challenge will be weighted at 15% of a player's point total in the standings; the top six results will factor into the standings.  The skills challenge could involve skinny boards, the airmail box, or who knows...

Points distribution for Blind Draw and Skills Challenge Results

 Place Points
 1st 5
2nd 3
3rd 2
4th+ 1

Schedule 

Week 1:  January 18th - Opening Night Blind Draw

Week 2:  January 25th - Blind Draw

Week 3:  February 1st - A/B Blind Draw - Players with tournament and skills challenge podium points will be considered A players and not permitted to play with other A players.  Everyone else is a B player.  Note, B players may still get paired with other B players.  I will do my best to ensure a fair draw.

Week 4:  February 8th - Singles Night - Comb your hair and brush your teeth because tonight you are playing with your self!  You will still draw for a partner.  Each partner plays in a separate singles tournament all determined by luck of the draw.  Your combined results from each tournament will factor into the awarding of league points.

Week 5:  February 15th - Skinny Night - If you are over 200 lbs, you cannot play.  Just kidding!  On this night we will host a blind draw to be played exclusively on skinny boards!

Week 6:  February 22nd - The Threesome - Resurrected from Season 1, the blind draw will form teams of three.  Two team members will play doubles and the other will play singles.  Who plays what is determined by the draw.  The combined results of the doubles and singles tournaments will determine league points.

Week 7:  March 1st - Championship Blind Draw

Standings 

League Standings are maintained here on the Boston Cornhole website.  You must be a league member to accrue standings points.  As stated above, blind draw tournaments carry a 85% weight and frame game scores account for the other 15%

For example, if a player finished the league with 13 blind draw points (top six scores) and 9 skills challenge points (top six scores), the point standings calculation would be:

13 x .85 + 9 x .15 = 12.40.  If this does not make sense, ask John Moran to explain PEDMAS to you!

Payouts

80% of what comes in will go directly into the purse and be paid out, it's that simple!  However, to be eligible for a payout, you MUST attend at least five tournaments.  Payouts will be distributed following the completion of the last tournament and subsequent update of the standings.  There will not be a final singles tournament because that would strongly favor the more skilled players.  We want to encourage and reward consistent participation.  The payout distribution of the purse will be based on the number of players eligible for payouts.  See the table below:


Place6-10 Eligible Players11-14 Eligible Players15-20 Eligible Players21-30 Eligible Players31+ Eligible Players
 1st65%50% 40%37.5% 35%
 2nd 35%35% 30%27.5%  25%
 3rd 15% 20%17.5%  15%
 4th 
 10%7.5%  10%
 5th-6th   5% Each  5% Each
 7th-8th    2.5% Each 

Money Shot

We will run the money shot contest on the skinny boards each week; 100% payout.  On the final evening, we will keep pulling tickets until the money shot pot is exhausted. 

Pay League Dues Online - $53 ($3 convenience fee)