Season X MA State Champ Jeff Bachand
The most competitive league in the nation is back with American Cornhole Season XI that runs monthly from September through May, holds a State Championship in June, and the World Championships in July. We are so excited to kick off the new season, we are getting things underway a little early at the end of August in the Ocean State at the Boundary Brewhouse. The goal this year is to rotate the regional venues and unite all of the area's best players each month in a single regional. Some things to know about Season XI:
1. The season will consist of nine regional events where players will compete for points (and cash) in double-elimination tournaments; singles and doubles will be played. The first tournament will be randomly seeded. Beginning with the Hole-O-Ween Tournament in October, players will be seeded based on the world rankings. Throughout the season, players may also earn points at ACO Majors; currently no majors are scheduled in the New England area. A player's six best regional finishes plus any points earned in majors will factor in to his or her final world ranking.
2. You must purchase an ACO Season XI Membership to participate. Memberships are $25 and may ONLY be purchased from a Certified Official or Director. Anyone participating in the Cornhole Classic in Pawtucket may purchase a membership onsite.
3. These tournaments will be very competitive. While all are welcome, the level of competition will be much different than the blind draws that are held in the area. But hey, we had a longshot win the Massachusetts State Championship last season, so anything is possible! The only way to improve is to compete against the best!
4. If the demand is there, we will also run a women's division that would require a minimum of two competitors. Rachel McCabe, Kara Ilkowitz, and Danielle Prew, please take note.
5. If you cannot make a regional, our friends in New Hampshire are now certified officials and you could play in their regionals. We will do our best not to schedule regionals on the same day or weekend.
Details of the ACO Cornhole Classic on August 30th
If you own a set of ACO boards and bags, practice up and we will see you on the 30th!